Accounting and Financial Reporting AVP Position - Fort Worth
JOB TITLE: Accounting and Financial Reporting AVP Position - Fort Worth
PURPOSE: Position reports to the Bank Controller. The position supports the Bank Controller and CFO by being responsible for various accounting duties, reconciling and maintaining internal controls over general ledger accounts, preparing reports, maintaining records, supporting other staff members regarding accounting issues, and other duties as assigned.
- Review daily GL management reports and resolve all outstanding issues/items.
- Prepare daily and monthly reconciliations.
- Prepare bank reports using Business Analytics Cognos reporting system.
- Support the team and perform backup duties for accounts payable, daily due from reconcilements and bank liquidity management.
- Help staff resolve GL posting issues, out of balances, loan posting issues, etc.
- Responsible for all aspects of lease accounting, lease invoicing and lease reporting.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports for Holding Company and external auditors.
- Prepare monthly journal entries for the balance sheet and income statement.
- Perform month end close procedures.
- Process and reconcile the monthly bank budget files.
- Prepare monthly board packages.
- Assist in Call Report preparation.
- Responsible for maintaining accounting records and files as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining written procedures for all duties.
- Assist with external auditors for year-end audits and with bank regulators.
- Assist with special projects or other functions that may be assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Deadline-driven with strong time management skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving.
- Proficient in use of technology (computers) and Microsoft Office.
- Self-directed and proactive.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Accounting College Degree or at least 5 years’ experience in bank accounting/ finance.
- Knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures that is reflective of the financial services industry is preferred.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.