JOB TITLE: Teller - Denton Location
REPORTS TO: Lobby Services Manager
Summary: Receives and pays out money and keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in financial transactions by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount and examines checks for endorsements.
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Enters customers' transactions into computer to record transactions and issues computer generated receipts.
- Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Orders daily supply of cash and counts incoming cash.
- Balances currency, coin and checks in cash drawer at end of shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer screen.
- Explains, promotes or sells products or services.
- Removes deposits from and counts and balances cash in, automated teller machines and night depository.
- Accepts loan payments.
- First line customer service.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent, or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
MATH ABILITY: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of computer operating systems and e-mail.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES: No certifications needed
SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.