Financial Services/Personal Banker - Downtown Fort Worth
JOB TITLE: Financial Services/Personal Banker - Downtown Fort Worth
REPORTS TO: Manager Lobby Services
DEPARTMENT: Operations/Lobby Services
POSITION SUMMARY: Under minimal supervision, and in accordance with established policies and procedures, provides a high quality of customer service in greeting visitors, opening and closing accounts, solving customer problems, and coordinating safe deposit box function. Performs related clerical duties. Uses judgment based on experience and references available to ensure accuracy.
- Represents the bank to the customer and general community in a courteous and professional manner. Greets and directs most visitors to the bank. Furnishes prompt, efficient, and accurate service.
- Assists customers in person and on the telephone. Helps customers identify their financial service needs. Performs research necessary to solve problems and answer questions. Explains fee schedules, interest rates, policies, and use of forms and technical services. Consistently cross-sells Worthington products and services.
- Screen and verify eligibility and identification of all new account applicants and account signers in accordance with bank policies and regulatory requirements, recording and scanning documents used.
- Opens and closes a variety of accounts, such as checking, savings, certificates of deposit, individual retirement accounts, money market accounts, and safe deposit box accounts. Types and performs input on various forms and software systems related to opening new accounts.
- Produces account agreements, resolutions and disclosures for new and revised accounts.
- Sends form letters to customers related to new or closed accounts.
- Determines eligibility of IRA contributions and distributions according to IRS regulations.
- Reviews data processing input of new accounts to ensure accuracy of records.
- Searches daily obituaries for Worthington safe deposit box customers.
- Ensures the protection of the bank\’s interest in matters of adequate documentation, adherence to bank policy, and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Performs customer assistance and clerical duties related to safe deposit boxes. Assists customers with entry into their boxes, bills and posts payments from customers. Handles special situations such as coordinating past due box drilling, box closures, forced entry to abandoned boxes, recording content inventories for State of Texas escheatment as required by regulation, and generating correspondence with customers as needed.
- Orders checking account supplies for customers such as printed or computer checks, endorsement stamps, checkbook covers, and deposit tickets. Verifies accuracy of various customer information and confirms orders are received and delivered to an authorized party in accordance with customers instructions.
- Remain current on changing products and delivery methods of various bank services, changes in regulations and in compliance with changing policies and procedures related to departmental functions.
- Performs miscellaneous duties, such as ordering departmental office supplies, opening and closing bank lobby doors mornings and afternoons in keeping with lobby hours, recording address changes, and maintaining commercial account files.
- Keep department offices, the area in and around safe deposit vault, the customer coupon booths, vault workroom and department filing areas neat and clean.
- Set time clocks, close vault door, and arm alarms on the safe deposit vault as required, recording such activity by date ant time in the log book and initialing entries.
- Assist with evacuation of customers in the event of fire alarms or other emergencies requiring evacuation.
- Performs other tasks as required or assigned.
Education:High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience:Two years applicable experience at a financial institution, preferably in the New Accounts area.
Entry Level Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate and understand new account document processing software and safe deposit software.
- Ability to obtain, understand, and use information from such sources as loan applications, forms, letters, account data files, and regulations and procedures.
- Ability to produce documents such as basic business letters using correct grammar, spelling, and format.
- Ability to exchange information effectively on the telephone and face-to-face.
- Ability to apply standard business etiquette, and to deal calmly with rude or angry people.
- Ability to establish smooth working relationships, resolve interpersonal conflicts, correct misunderstandings or errors, and apply basic staff etiquette in dealing with other employees.
- Ability to perform a high volume of relatively repetitious work and to deal with regular interruptions without losing accuracy.
- Ability to learn new procedures and adapt to changes in working environment.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to make routine decisions independently, based on standard policy or procedure.
- Ability to type 30 words per minute and use ten key by touch.
- Ability to master related software products and use them efficiently and correctly.
- Ability to use a filing system.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical operations, and ability to calculate percentages and compound interest.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures.
- Ability to input and retrieve routine data using a series of computer screens.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required at Full Competence:
- Thorough knowledge of all services offered by Worthington, as well as answers to standard questions asked by customers and other visitors and callers to the bank.
- Knowledge of basic banking terminology.
- Knowledge of Worthington\’s internal and external security procedures relating to this position.
- Knowledge of all laws, regulations, and bank policies affecting this position.
- Knowledge of purpose and functions of New Accounts Department and how they relate to the workflow of the rest of the bank.
- Ability to manage all necessary departmental functions in the absence of co-workers for sustained periods of time.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints or concerns effectively.
- Frequently moving about the building.
- Frequently moving about the building.
- Regular and frequent interruptions.
Minimum Production Requirements:
Must be able to open and complete multiple accounts per day and perform other related clerical duties as required.