Lending Compliance/CRA Officer
JOB TITLE: Lending Compliance/CRA Officer
REPORTS TO: Chief Lending Officer
Operations/Compliance: The Lending Compliance/CRA Officer reports to the Chief Lending Officer and ensures the bank is in compliance with all state and federal lending regulations, laws, and rules. Recommends policy changes to management and Board of Directors for review and approval. Develops, revises, communicates, and implements policies and procedures. Supports and assists in the development and implementation of new and existing lending products or technologies. Oversight of all aspects of the Community Reinvestment Act Compliance Program. This position establishes, participates and maintains relationships with communitybased, charitable, and non-profit organizations. The CRA Officer develops and implements programs to ensure the Bank meets the needs of the community and attains CRA compliance goals. The CRA Officer advises the Executive Management of emerging CRA issues to ensure objectives are maintained.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum five years of recent lending compliance/CRA experience.
- Knowledge of applicable banking laws and regulations.
- Ability to multi-task and meet critical deadlines.
- Critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal communications and customer relationship skills.
- Board of Directors.
- All personnel within the organization.
- Keep abreast of regulatory laws, regulations, memoranda, interpretive rulings, guidance, etc.
- Research, analyze and interpret all applicable lending regulations and statutes; implement changes and/or enhance existing lending policies and procedures.
- Develop, implement, and maintain up-to-date lending compliance policies and procedures.
- Work with Senior Management to attain compliance goals.
- Implement and oversee new regulations and/or changes to existing regulations and ensure compliance with all.
- Assist in the daily, weekly, monthly, and annual Lending Compliance Monitoring Reviews
- Monitor adherence to established policy, procedures and practices regarding lending compliance
- Oversee lending compliance regulatory exams, external/internal audits
- Work with the entirety of the Compliance Department, Chief Lending Officer and other bank staff to resolve any deficiencies noted in consumer and commercial lending compliance monitoring reviews, audits or regulatory exams.
- Manage tracking logs and spreadsheets for compliance review/audit findings/recommendations.
- Conduct and/or participate in Fair Lending risk assessments and related initiatives or
- Serve as a resource for lending compliance inquires by conducting research and providing support/guidance.
- Provide employee training on compliance related issues and policy changes.
- Research, analyze and interpret all applicable CRA regulations and statues and implement changes to and/or enhance existing policies and procedures.
- Coordinate, document and review lending, investment and service activity.
- Perform periodic review of bank’s assessment areas to ensure reasonableness of the delineation.
- Serve as the bank’s principal liaison with external CRA compliance auditors, examiners and regulators.
- Prepare, analyze, and monitor banks statistics to determine adequate loan penetration of low and moderate income households and small businesses.
- Work with Executive Management to develop lending and investment programs that help meet the lending needs of low and moderate income households.
- Ability to work well independently and with others
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Organizational and time management skills
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability