JOB TITLE: Operations Specialist
REPORTS TO: Controller
BASIC FUNCTION: Perform various monitoring and processing tasks related to the day-to-day operations of the Bank. Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers by responding to inquiries and resolving operational issues and concerns in a timely manner.
- Responsible for daily deposit operations duties including, but not limited to exception items, check adjustments, NSF’s, returned deposited items, stop pays, non-posts, positive pay, and ACH returns.
- Reconcile official check accounts and certain general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for processing daily reports and settlements as assigned.
- Responsible for verifying that signatures on checks are in compliance with Bank policy.
- Review various exception reports and monitor accounts with special instructions, taking steps to address items on the reports.
- Perform check-back activities on accounts and changes to existing accounts. Ensure all account documentation has been obtained and properly archived.
- Responsible for processing levies, garnishments, and bankruptcy requests.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the Bank’s customers.
- Maintain detailed records on all work responsibilities.
- Responsible for IOLTA submissions and dormant account processing.
- Provide support and assistance to internal customers by serving as a resource on depositrelated topics and concerns.
- Provide back-up support for ACH and Wire processing.
- Responsible for providing back-up to all other Operations Specialists.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Assist with Tier 1 IT issues which include: unlocking users and password resets.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or the equivalent; a college degree in a related field being optimal. Minimum of 3-5 years bank operations or equivalent knowledge is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skills, both oral and written.
- Effective interpersonal relationships with management, team members, vendors, and other financial institutions.
- Ability to operate in a team environment to accomplish shared goals.
- Mathematical and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to identify, research, and solve practical problems.
- Effective time management and organizational skills as related to daily tasks.
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in a high-pressure environment while maintaining professional demeanor.
- Knowledge of applicable banking laws and regulations.
- Acquire proficiency of the Navigator system and electronic communications.
- See to read small print or complex reports.
- Effectively communicate orally.
- Sit for extended periods.
- Manually operated keyboard, mouse, and other personal computing devices, and
- Occasionally lift up to 15 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.