Commercial Credit Analyst
JOB TITLE: Commercial Credit Analyst
REPORTS TO: Chief Lending Officer
- Analyzes business and personal financial statements and tax returns
- Completes analytical underwriting summaries for new and existing borrowing relationships
- Computes global cash flow analysis
- Performs loan and portfolio stress testing and profitability analysis
- Participates and assists in reporting at loan committee meetings
- Provide lending personnel with critical credit decision making tools
- Manages appraisal ordering process
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: Must Have:
- Excellent writing skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical mathematical skills and ability to perform in-depth credit analysis is critical
- Typing and computer skills are essential
- Multi-task oriented and the ability to work on several on-going projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field
SUPERVISORY DIMENSIONS: No supervisory responsibilities
EXTERNAL CONTACTS: Frequent contact with customers, accounting firms, appraisers, contractors, real estate agents and credit reporting agencies; some contact with attorneys, CPAs and other financial institutions..
INTERNAL CONTACTS: Regular contact with lending staff and other Branch personnel; regular contact with Loan Officers.
DECISION MAKING RESPONSIBILITIES: Based on in-depth credit analysis, makes recommendations to lending personnel on the credit worthiness of prospects and customers; also provides input on credit trends (positive and negative) on existing customers.
CONSEQUENCES OF ERRORS: Incorrect credit analyses could result in inappropriate credit decisions, potential loan losses, customer dissatisfaction, loss of customers, financial loss for the Bank, damage to Bank reputation, and/or potential litigation against the Bank.
EXPOSURE TO CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: Access to customer financial statements, tax returns and credit information; unauthorized release of information could result in customer dissatisfaction, loss of customers and/or employees, financial loss to the Bank, damage to Bank reputation, and/or potential litigation against the Bank.
- Reviews and analyzes financial statements to include:
a. reading credit file in conjunction with financial statements to understand credit relationship
b. transcribing financial statement into spreadsheet format for analysis process
c. providing ratios on specific figures for determining asset/liability trends
d. documenting and conveying both positive and negative trends to lenders.
e. ordering and reviewing appraisals of real property collateral and potential collateral
- Reviews tax returns to include:
a. reading tax return in preparation for analysis process
b. breaking down specific line items on tax return and transforming into spreadsheet format
c. documenting and conveying both positive and negative trends to lenders.
- Performs credit analysis for each prospect or customer to include:
d. compiling all credit data and studying credit history
e. providing lenders with detailed credit packages which include:
f. identified deceptions, discrepancies, or negative projections
g. highlighted favorable trends in credit history
h. work copy of spreadsheet (while maintaining the credit file copy)
i. worst case scenarios of loan to assist lenders in projecting credit worthiness of prospect or customer
j. maintaining high integrity standards of credit file composition
k. keeping abreast of all Bank and regulatory policy and procedure changes to fully understand each customer’s credit documentation
l. remaining current on industry and related economic conditions.
- Performs miscellaneous duties to include:
a. preparing reports for senior management
b. assisting in the loan administration process
c. assisting in the loan review process
d. performing related duties as assigned.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.